Friday, May 2, 2008

Mumbai


About a month ago, I took a long weekend to visit a friend in Mumbai, formerly Bombay. It's certainly the most modern and cosmopolitan place that I've visited in India so far! We had a great time enjoying delicious food, concerts and plays. I also wandered around a bit, checking out a beach, a nearby island known for its cave temples, and even a synagogue, as you can see in these photos. Luckily I also ran into some of Mumbai's famous tiffinwalas, who deliver thousands of hot lunches directly from workers' homes to their offices every day. Their system is so impressive that the BBC did a story them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nicole,

Came in through Theresa's site and just checking your blog. I really enjoyed the blog and the pictures. Thanks for letting us stay at your place. Let me know if you come down to Chennai and I'll make sure that I'll be a good host